[asdf-devel] ASDF 1.671: feature complete - please test!

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:39:05 UTC 2010

> P.S.  SBCL doesn't like the way asdf is compiled these days.
>
> * (load "asdf.lisp")
> ; in: LAMBDA NIL
> ;     (ASDF-UTILITIES:TRUENAMIZE ASDF::PATH)
> ;
> ; caught STYLE-WARNING:
> ;   undefined function: TRUENAMIZE
> ;
> ; compilation unit finished
> ;   Undefined function:
> ;     TRUENAMIZE
> ;   caught 1 STYLE-WARNING condition
>
> ;     (ASDF::FORMAT-ARGUMENTS ASDF::C)
> ;
> ; caught STYLE-WARNING:
> ;   undefined function: FORMAT-ARGUMENTS
>
> ;     (ASDF::FORMAT-CONTROL ASDF::C)
> ;
> ; caught STYLE-WARNING:
> ;   undefined function: FORMAT-CONTROL
> ... and many more

SBCL doesn't like forward function definitions.
There always were such functions. There might be a few more now.
If you think that matters, we could add declaim ftype declarations.

I don't program enough to be called a "programmer", and I don't non-program
enough to be called a "non-programmer". So I'm a non-non-programmer, which,
in intuitionistic logic, is weaker than a programmer. — Faré