[asdf-devel] ASDF 1.671: feature complete - please test!

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Mon Apr 12 03:47:23 UTC 2010

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Robert Goldman wrote:
> On 4/11/10 Apr 11 -5:59 PM, Daniel Herring wrote:
>> Tested implementations:
>> sbcl-1.0.37.29-linux-x86-64
>> clisp-2.47-unix-x86
>>
>> Configured using
>> (asdf::enable-asdf-binary-locations-compatibility
>>   :centralize-lisp-binaries nil)
>> ;; Note: this is not an external symbol...
>
> I have been shockingly lax in testing this code, because of competing
> time pressures.  You find that this places files as you would expect, by
> comparison with A-B-L turned on without the centralize-binaries global?
>
> That's wonderful news, if so!

I had problems with asdf:*asdf-revision* becoming asdf::*asdf-version* and
losing its external blessing in favor of asdf:asdf-version; and
asdf:implementation-specific-directory-name became the internal
asdf::implementation-identifier.

However, this A-B-L emulation seems to work as desired.

# ls -A alexandria/
.boring               control-flow.lisp  numbers.lisp
AUTHORS               definitions.lisp   package.lisp
LICENCE               doc/               sbcl-1.0.37.29-linux-x86-64/
alexandria-tests.asd  features.lisp      sequences.lisp
alexandria.asd        functions.lisp     strings.lisp
arrays.lisp           hash-tables.lisp   symbols.lisp
binding.lisp          io.lisp            tests.lisp
clisp-2.47-unix-x86/  lists.lisp         types.lisp
conditions.lisp       macros.lisp

Later,
Daniel

P.S.  SBCL doesn't like the way asdf is compiled these days.

* (load "asdf.lisp")
; in: LAMBDA NIL
;     (ASDF-UTILITIES:TRUENAMIZE ASDF::PATH)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: TRUENAMIZE
;
; compilation unit finished
;   Undefined function:
;     TRUENAMIZE
;   caught 1 STYLE-WARNING condition

;     (ASDF::FORMAT-ARGUMENTS ASDF::C)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: FORMAT-ARGUMENTS

;     (ASDF::FORMAT-CONTROL ASDF::C)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: FORMAT-CONTROL