[asdf-devel] new asdf does not like matlisp.asd

Mario S. Mommer m_mommer at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 11:28:36 UTC 2010

Hello,

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:
> Ahem. I admit this is a part of ASDF I am not familiar with.
>
> What does traverse return? Can you trace every exported defgeneric in
> ASDF and attach to a launchpad bug traces of what happens in either
> ASDF 1 or ASDF 2?

I can try. For now I made a much smaller .asd, whith a defsystem that looks
like this:

(defsystem :matlispbug
    :components
  ((:unix-dso "alien code"
              :pathname ""
              :dso-name "libmatlisp"
              :components
              ((:alien-module "CPOLY"
                              :pathname "lib-src/cpoly/"
                              :components
                              ((:fortran-source-file "cpoly")))))
   (:file "packages")
   (:module "foreign-interface"
            :pathname "src/"
            :depends-on ("packages" "alien code")
            :components ((:file "f77-mangling")
                         (:file "ffi-sbcl")))))

and that shows the behavior of interest. That is, with the new asdf, the
module "foreign-interface" gets compiled every time I load the system,
whereas under the old asdf that does not happen. From staring at the
source of the .asd, I haven't been able to see what is wrong.

I have uploaded a tarball with an abridged (to reduce size) version of
matlisp to common-lisp.net, in case anyone wants to try:

http://common-lisp.net/~mmommer/matlispasdfissue.tar.gz

The shortened .asd is called matlispbug.asd.

To readers in the future: I will remove the file as soon as this issue
is resolved, and then this link will be broken.

Regards, and thanks,

         Mario.