[asdf-devel] pathname translations does not like my f2cl asd

Mario S. Mommer m_mommer at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 19:12:53 UTC 2010

Hi,

so here is another one. I can send the .asd file if you are interested,
but for now I guess this snippet is enough:

(defmethod perform ((o compile-op) (f f77-file))
  (apply #'f2cl:f2cl-compile
	 (cons (make-pathname :name (component-name f)
			      :type "f"
			      :defaults (component-pathname f))
	       (compiler-options f))))

the error is

Couldn't load
#P"/home/mommer/.cache/common-lisp/sbcl-1.0.37-linux-...": file
does not exist.
   [Condition of type SB-INT:SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR]

which is caused by the fact that I give the f2cl compiler a different
output path than that expected by the loader.

I do not know how to fix this yet, except for issuing
(asdf:disable-output-translation). It is probably a matter of RTFM. But
I guess that proves the more general point that enabling the output
translation by default will break existing setups when upgrading.

Regards,
        Mario