[asdf-devel] I think new ASDF has busted asdf-binary-locations

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Sep 9 13:06:29 UTC 2009

Attila Lendvai wrote:
>> Maybe this would be a good time to push A-B-L into the ASDF repository?
>>  I've always been in favor of this, acnyway, since it's such a critical
>> extension.  IMO it would be great if anyone who had ASDF could also get
>> A-B-L with no more work than a call to asdf:oos.
>
> why with an asdf:oos? why not just incorporate the functionality into
> asdf? (possibly with such default values that preserve the current,
> imho bad, practice of writing .fasl files all around the disk)
>
> just my 0.02,

I think what you suggest would be even better; I just hesitated to
suggest it because there's been a tendency (I think correct) towards
conservatism in ASDF development.

I have been using A-B-L for years, and I rely on it heavily.  It has
always been dead reliable for me.  I'd be delighted to see it folded in.

Especially since it relies on un-exported aspects of ASDF, and is so
bound very tightly with the core of ASDF.