cffi doesn't load on ABCl 1.5 and 1.4 (but works on 1.3 and odler)

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Feb 5 18:11:59 UTC 2019

> On Feb 5, 2019, at 08:34, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 5, 2019, at 05:49, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
>>
>> 1.5 fails with NullPointerException
>> 1.4 with org.armedbear.lisp.Go
>>
>> Best regards,
>> - Anton
>>

> Hmmm.  abcl-1.5.0 running on java-1.8.0 seems to load and run the tests cffi-0.20.0 from Quicklisp just fine for me.  Perhaps there is a problem in your installation with finding the Maven tool (`mvn`) used for locating and downloading the JNA library?
>
> I’d be interested in more details of your setup if you have a chance. Does your failure possibly come from the CL Test Grid?  If so, could you point me to the failure?

In a fresh installation of ABCL which doesn’t have the cached jar artifact present, I am getting failures with loading CFFI due to the JNA artifact version not being available.

Unfortunately, just downloading the new jna-5.2.0 artifact may not be enough in all circumstances due to problem with mvn-3.6.0.  Stay tuned, sports fans…

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."