cffi doesn't load on ABCl 1.5 and 1.4 (but works on 1.3 and odler)

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Wed Feb 6 11:51:01 UTC 2019

05.02.2019, 21:13, "Mark Evenson" <evenson at panix.com>:
>>  On Feb 5, 2019, at 08:34, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  On Feb 5, 2019, at 05:49, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>>  1.5 fails with NullPointerException
>>>  1.4 with org.armedbear.lisp.Go
>>>
>>>  Best regards,
>>>  - Anton
>>
>>  Hmmm. abcl-1.5.0 running on java-1.8.0 seems to load and run the tests cffi-0.20.0 from Quicklisp just fine for me. Perhaps there is a problem in your installation with finding the Maven tool (`mvn`) used for locating and downloading the JNA library?
>>
>>  I’d be interested in more details of your setup if you have a chance. Does your failure possibly come from the CL Test Grid? If so, could you point me to the failure?
>
> In a fresh installation of ABCL which doesn’t have the cached jar artifact present, I am getting failures with loading CFFI due to the JNA artifact version not being available.
>
> Unfortunately, just downloading the new jna-5.2.0 artifact may not be enough in all circumstances due to problem with mvn-3.6.0. Stay tuned, sports fans…

I don't know if you see the same error. If you want to reproduce mine, here are the steps:

    ssh -C -o "ServerAliveInterval 20" testgrid at cl-test-grid.cloud.efficito.com
    # (several of your keys are present in .ssh/authorized_keys)

    rm -rf .cache/common-lisp/abcl-1.5.0-fasl43-linux-x86/
    java -jar ~/lisps/abcl-bin-1.5.0/abcl.jar --eval '(require :abcl-contrib)' --eval '(ql:quickload :cffi)