How to load the jna jar file before cffi?

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Wed May 24 20:19:16 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 3:51 PM Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 4:21 PM Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
>

>> On 5/12/17 15:36, Mirko Vukovic wrote:
>> […]
>> > I don't have jna.asd anywhere on my computer
>>
>> It is packaged as part of `abcl-contrib.jar`.
>>
>> […]
>>
>> snip ...
>
>> This indicates that for some reason your installation cannot locate
>> abcl-contrib.jar.

> though mvn.bat is in path). Details below:

After (require :abcl-asdf), I invoke (abcl-asdf:find-mvn) TWICE.
- First time, I get error about missing Maven executable
- Second time, it finds Maven executable.

After that second time, CFFI loads cleanly.

Summary of steps to load CFFI from abcl --no-init:
(require :abcl-contrib)
(require :abcl-asdf)
(abcl-asdf:find-mvn) ; issues warning about non-existant executable
(abcl-asdf:find-mvn) ; returns mvn.bat path
(load "~/quicklisp/setup.lisp")
(ql:quickload :cffi) ; works

Mirko