How to load the jna jar file before cffi?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu May 25 05:45:10 UTC 2017

On 5/24/17 22:19, Mirko Vukovic wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 3:51 PM Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic at gmail.com>
> wrote:

[…]

> After (require :abcl-asdf), I invoke (abcl-asdf:find-mvn) TWICE.
> - First time, I get error about missing Maven executable
> - Second time, it finds Maven executable.
>
> After that second time, CFFI loads cleanly.
>
> Summary of steps to load CFFI from abcl --no-init:
> (require :abcl-contrib)
> (require :abcl-asdf)
> (abcl-asdf:find-mvn) ; issues warning about non-existant executable
> (abcl-asdf:find-mvn) ; returns mvn.bat path
> (load "~/quicklisp/setup.lisp")
> (ql:quickload :cffi) ; works

I'm not entirely sure why that works, but congratulations on getting
something working!  I don't develop under Windows, mainly from a lack of
free licensing terms that don't have to be renewed every 90 days, so
sometimes the state of functionality running ABCL under MSFT gets a
little more divergent than I would like.

[The mechanism by which ABCL finds and executes Maven Aether][1] is
being re-worked for abcl-1.5.0 to be more intelligent in providing
restarts and diagnostics.

I will endeavor to test abcl-1.5.0-dev to make sure these new changes
work better for finding Maven under Windows than is the current state
with abcl-1.4.0.

[1]:
https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/abcl/abcl/blob/master/contrib/abcl-build/build/maven.lisp