[armedbear-devel] encoding issues with ABCL

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Feb 26 18:08:49 UTC 2013

On 2/26/13 4:03 PM, Faré wrote:
> Excellent. Is there a simple way to test the version from within ABCL?
> Is the primary value of (lisp-implementation-version) always going to follow
> the ASDF convention of having only digits and dots?

Only for official releases will the primary value of
LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION be a version string which only contain
digits and dots such as "M.N.P".  For builds from source, we set this
string to "M.N.P-dev".  For builds where we can successfully run
'svnversion', we first transform its output to convert ':' to '-', and
then append this result as "M.N.P-dev-SVNVERSION".  "java.version".

So, just such for the first occurrence of "-", and chop the string at
this point to get a version that follows ASDF conventions.

> Also, I didn't see anything in your patch regarding COMPILE-FILE;
> was it already good to go with respect to external formats?

Yes,  COMPILE-FILE already correctly uses its :EXTERNAL-FORMAT
parameter. If not specified, it defaults to :UTF-8.

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare it to now."