[armedbear-devel] encoding issues with ABCL

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 18:27:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> Only for official releases will the primary value of
> LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION be a version string which only contain
> digits and dots such as "M.N.P".  For builds from source, we set this
> string to "M.N.P-dev".  For builds where we can successfully run
> 'svnversion', we first transform its output to convert ':' to '-', and
> then append this result as "M.N.P-dev-SVNVERSION".  "java.version".
>
> So, just such for the first occurrence of "-", and chop the string at
> this point to get a version that follows ASDF conventions.

Thanks. Pushed.

>> Also, I didn't see anything in your patch regarding COMPILE-FILE;
>> was it already good to go with respect to external formats?
>
> Yes,  COMPILE-FILE already correctly uses its :EXTERNAL-FORMAT
> parameter. If not specified, it defaults to :UTF-8.

Excellent. All good to go with ASDF 2.31, then.

PS: Is anyone working on making the standard readtable and
pprint-dispatch table read-only? Do I need to file a bug for that?

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you;
but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. — Don Marquis