[armedbear-devel] Is anybody interested in jfli-abcl?

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Mon May 28 12:22:15 UTC 2012

Hello

23.05.2012, 17:06, "Alex Mizrahi" <alex.mizrahi at gmail.com>:

> (I've found this updated version:
> https://gist.github.com/avodonosov/abcl-idea/blob/master/src/abclidea/lisp/jfli-abcl/jfli-abcl.lisp
> But haven't yet checked if it works with latest ABCL and what are
> improvements against old one.)

The changes comparing to the original version are annotated in the sources.

In my opinion new-class is important to have because creating classes is often
needed when interacting with java libraries: to create a thread we need a Runnable,
to handle a button click we need an ActionListener, to find files in directory we
need a Filter.

If independent version of new-class is not ready, probably it's possible to
deliver runtime-class a a contrib, and user if wants to load it should provide
asm.jar in the classpath?

I mean to have jfli-abcl contrib which provides all the functions which possible
without runtime-class/asm.jar, but when we need new-class, we can get it
too by having asm.jar in classpath and loading the runtime-class contrib?

Best regards,
- Anton