[armedbear-devel] [Patch] convert eql-specializer into a class

Rudolf Schlatte rudi at constantly.at
Thu Jan 5 14:33:38 UTC 2012

On Jan 4, 2012, at 21:40, Mark Evenson wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2012, at 5:59 PM, Rudolf Schlatte wrote:
>
> […]
>
>> Hi, thanks for applying!  Actually, I added some unused bits because of cargo-culting (Specializer.java, Metaobject.java).  The attached patch removes these files again, and converts eql-specializer into a class.  (intern-eql-specializer now contains a bit of the "quick and dirty means" that AMOP mentions in appendix C -- it's called while initalizing the generic function call machinery so we have to open-code the behavior of make-instance.)
>>
>> <0001-Convert-EQL-SPECIALIZER-from-a-structure-into-a-CLOS.patch>
>
> Good move, pushing the whole thing into CLOS.  The less Java the better.
>
> I "corrected" the Java class naming to common conventions, as typically this marks code that we want to maintain.

Hi, thanks for applying!

I'm not sure the renaming is consistent with the rest of the code.  The Lisp class eql-specializer is defined in StandardClass.lisp, EqualSpecializerObject.java (nee eql_specializer_object.java) only implements an object accessor, similar to the existing cell_error_name.java or unbound_slot_instance.java files which I took as guidance.

Small coding-style questions, while I have your attention: there's java files indented with 2 and with 4 spaces.  What's the canonical way for new files?  Also, is there a good file that shows how you want code documented?

Cheers,

Rudi