[armedbear-devel] [Patch] convert eql-specializer into a class (was Re: [Patch] add classes METAOBJECT, SPECIALIZER)

Rudolf Schlatte rudi at constantly.at
Wed Jan 4 16:59:08 UTC 2012

On Jan 4, 2012, at 14:53, Mark Evenson wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2012, at 8:28 AM, Mark Evenson wrote:
> […]
>> Since these patches mostly adjust the Java-side implementation of the Lisp hierarchy after defining a Java METACLASS and SPECIALIZER, I fail to see how they could be problematic.
>>
>> Or someone else can just push the patches to trunk if they have the time.
>
> Committed to trunk as [r13713][] and [r13714][].
>
> [r13713]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/13713
> [r13714]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/13714

Hi, thanks for applying!  Actually, I added some unused bits because of cargo-culting (Specializer.java, Metaobject.java).  The attached patch removes these files again, and converts eql-specializer into a class.  (intern-eql-specializer now contains a bit of the "quick and dirty means" that AMOP mentions in appendix C -- it's called while initalizing the generic function call machinery so we have to open-code the behavior of make-instance.)