[armedbear-devel] [Patch] add classes METAOBJECT, SPECIALIZER

Mark Evenson evenson.not.org at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:28:36 UTC 2012

On Jan 3, 2012, at 12:04 PM, Rudolf Schlatte wrote:

[…]

>> Unfortunately, after applying these patches things did not go well
>> with running ABCL on my old hardware (circa 2008).  I'm going to
>> try a clean compile with your patches, as maybe it was something
>> other than your patches
>
> Thanks for taking a look.  Would you mind sending a backtrace or problem description?  I had some out-of-memory errors running the test suite, but I did a number of rebuilds yesterday and it works for me (start abcl under slime, find new classes, check class precedence lists etc.).

No crashes, just major slowness under OS X 10.7 that I haven't instrumented.  Your patches seem to run fine under my oi-151a server, which is a contemporary free Solaris environment with beefy hardware and "grown-up" I/O, so I will probably commit them after I finish analyzing the runs of the GCL-ANSI test and the CL-BENCH suite.  Since these patches mostly adjust the Java-side implementation of the Lisp hierarchy after defining a Java METACLASS and SPECIALIZER, I fail to see how they could be problematic.

Or someone else can just push the patches to trunk if they have the time.

Mark