[armedbear-devel] asdf encodings and abcl

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 22:59:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 18:29, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
> n Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 18:14, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
>> I just pushed an implementation of SYS:AVAILABLE-ENCODINGS to [abcl SVN
>> trunk aka abcl-1.1.0-dev][r13917].  I figure you can just use the  good 'ol
>> CL primitives like FIND, SEARCH, EVERY, et. al. on the results of this call,
>> c'nest pas?
> You mean "N'est-ce pas?".
>>
>> Let me know if you need something additional.
>>
>> [r13917]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/13917
>
> Wonderful! Thank you so much.
> Do you recommend I just assume the function is there in asdf-encodings,
> and tell people who complain to just update their abcl,
> or should I test for the symbol being present? I suppose the latter.
>
> Is there a binary pre-release? When is the next release?

Also, in what package does new Symbol(charset) create a symbol?
Is it a gensym, the current package (which is it?), keyword?
For my purposes, I need a keyword, but conversion is easy;
however, I need to know.
(And yes, I'm too lazy
to learn how to build my own abcl to test it at that time;
thanks for armedly bearing with me.)

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
	— Albert Einstein