[armedbear-devel] asdf encodings and abcl

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Apr 18 08:45:12 UTC 2012

On Apr 17, 2012, at 00:59 , Faré wrote:

[…]

> Also, in what package does new Symbol(charset) create a symbol?
> Is it a gensym, the current package (which is it?), keyword?
> For my purposes, I need a keyword, but conversion is easy;
> however, I need to know.
> (And yes, I'm too lazy
> to learn how to build my own abcl to test it at that time;
> thanks for armedly bearing with me.)

[SYS:AVAILABLE-ENCODINGS now returns symbols in the KEYWORD
package][r13918], which I think makes much more sense for everyone,
as it allows an easier comparison with something one would actually
pass as an :EXTERNAL-FORMAT.

[r13918] http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/13918

If one has the Java JDK and Ant installed, building ABCL should be
as simple as:

   cmd$ ant

from the ABCL root directory, but I understand that the time cost
is not negligible for busy developers, which is why I would like
to get more release engineering resources to push more ABCL maintenance
releases.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."