[armedbear-devel] asdf encodings and abcl

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Apr 16 22:14:25 UTC 2012

On 4/11/12 5:18 PM, Faré wrote:
>> After a quick check, I don't think we define an interface.  Nor
>> could I find something in SBCL to copy.  Do you have a reference to an API we can
>> implement?
>>
> I need one or two functions:
> * most importantly, a function
>   asdf-encodings::find-implementation-encoding (encoding)
>   that tells me if a keyword names a valid encoding, and if so,
>   returns a proper value to pass as an :external-format.
> * optionally, a function to return the list of all available encodings;
>   maybe taking a keyword argument that allows to distinguish between
>   actually loaded vs potentially available encodings.

I just pushed an implementation of SYS:AVAILABLE-ENCODINGS to [abcl SVN
trunk aka abcl-1.1.0-dev][r13917].  I figure you can just use the  good
'ol CL primitives like FIND, SEARCH, EVERY, et. al. on the results of
this call, c'nest pas?

Let me know if you need something additional.

[r13917]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/13917