[armedbear-devel] basic support for DEFINE-METHOD-COMBINATION (long form) landed on trunk

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Oct 20 07:30:10 UTC 2010

On Oct 19, 2010, at 22:34 , Erik Huelsmann wrote:

[…]
> Serious request: help smoke out problems! Test! Fix! The sooner we get
> good confidence in the implementation, the sooner we can release 0.23!

As noted in private to Erik, I think there are a *lot* of problems with
this implementation.  Sure, it "passes" the GCL ANSI tests, but the
level needed for conformance is pretty minimal, so that's not saying much.

Unfortunately, I'm still up to my eyeballs in the "real" world
outside of ABCL (Oh! how I wish to invert this relationship), so I
can't give much more than moral support here at the moment.  What
spare time I have, I am trying to fix the '+' in Pathname bug and
the lack of :WILD-INFERIORS problems.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."