[armedbear-devel] basic support for DEFINE-METHOD-COMBINATION (long form) landed on trunk

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 20:34:36 UTC 2010

Just a minute ago, I committed Mark Evenson's work on
DEFINE-METHOD-COMBINATION (long form) [short: D-M-C]. It's a port to
ABCL of the D-M-C implementation found in XCL which derives from
Sacla.

That being the case, I expect the implementation to be little tested.
Which can definitely be said of the port. However, some testing with a
few self-made tests didn't turn up many problems. However, SBCL has a
series of tests for D-M-C. It would be nice if we could port those to
ABCL too in an effort to smoke out any issues our D-M-C implementation
may have. I smoked out the first one already that way: there was a
quote missing is a function which returns a part of a method
combination form.

Compile times just longer once again - however, there should be no
measurable impact for any code which doesn't use the long form of
D-M-C itself.

Serious request: help smoke out problems! Test! Fix! The sooner we get
good confidence in the implementation, the sooner we can release 0.23!