[armedbear-devel] JAR file support patches

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Jan 24 15:14:21 UTC 2010

Implementing true support for JAR files in ABCL has taken quite a bit
more time and effort as can be seen by the rejection of my mail of few
minutes ago to the list for being too long.

I've posted my [patches with explanation to the web][1], as I am not
sure when or if the moderator will let the original message through.

[1]:  http://slack.net/~evenson/abcl/jar-file

About the only disadvantage for the current patch is that I had to
remove the use of ZipCache for entries as I was developing as it didn't
make much sense.  I haven't really noticed too much of a time difference
for loading or compiling ABCL.

Comments?  Once I get things tested under Windows, and play around with
the loading from http support, I intend to commit to trunk.