[armedbear-devel] JAR file support patches

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 10:39:22 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> Implementing true support for JAR files in ABCL has taken quite a bit
> more time and effort as can be seen by the rejection of my mail of few
> minutes ago to the list for being too long.
>
> I've posted my [patches with explanation to the web][1], as I am not
> sure when or if the moderator will let the original message through.
>
> [1]:  http://slack.net/~evenson/abcl/jar-file
>
> About the only disadvantage for the current patch is that I had to
> remove the use of ZipCache for entries as I was developing as it didn't
> make much sense.  I haven't really noticed too much of a time difference
> for loading or compiling ABCL.
>
> Comments?  Once I get things tested under Windows, and play around with
> the loading from http support, I intend to commit to trunk.

This is great news for me. Thanks for all your efforts!

The only thing that I have not clear is the integration with ASDF: is
it possible to have a .asd inside a jar and using it to load a Lisp
library from the same jar? If yes, great :) if no, what is missing?

Incidentally, we may be able to autodiscover .asd files by scanning
the classpath, and suitably update asdf:*central-registry*.

Alessio