[armedbear-devel] Question about calling Java

nitralime nitralime at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:41:20 UTC 2010

On 02/04/2010 01:48 PM, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> On 4 February 2010 13:24, Nitralime<nitralime at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> My description of the situation was intentionally provocative :-(
>> I just wanted to draw your attention to the fact that the current
>> JVM integration could be more user friendly than what it is now!
>> A more systematic tutorial would also be very nice for inexperienced users
>> like me :-)
>>
> Well, you're then obviously in a unique position to write such a
> tutorial, because
> you'll notice things that are hard to find in other documentation, and
> you'll notice
> where the APIs are lacking in usability. :)
>
> More to the point, you could write a draft/skeleton of such a tutorial, and then
> recruit our help for things that you can't find or understand.
>
> Sure, that was a common open-source-project-reply ("if you want improvements,
> do them yourself"), but I think it would be a very valuable and highly
> appreciated contribution.
> I wrote many of the current examples we have, and if those are hard to
> follow, I'm not
> surprised - I absolutely suck at tutorials and
> documentation-for-novices. That's why
> it would be great to have contributions in that area.

I appreciate the work of (voluntary) developers very much.
It is clear that they have other priorities than writing
documentations or tutorials!
On the other hand, making the result of their efforts
accessible to a wider audience is very important for
its popularity.

You can be assured that if I can contribute anything
to this project I will do it!!