[armedbear-devel] Question about calling Java

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 17:19:24 UTC 2010

Hi Nitralime,

> > I wrote many of the current examples we have, and if those are hard to
> > follow, I'm not
> > surprised - I absolutely suck at tutorials and
> > documentation-for-novices. That's why
> > it would be great to have contributions in that area.
> >
> I appreciate the work of (voluntary) developers very much.
> It is clear that they have other priorities than writing
> documentations or tutorials!
> On the other hand, making the result of their efforts
> accessible to a wider audience is very important for
> its popularity.
>
> You can be assured that if I can contribute anything
> to this project I will do it!!

Just last monday, I was talking to a friend of mine about the state of
our documentation regarding Java integration. Just as the other
developers, I have to agree it's rather lacking. (However, some people
seem to be able to work with it, it surely would help our growth if
the docs were better.)

We kind of agreed there needs to be basic documentation (at first) in
the form of small examples which show "how to". So, I'd like to take
you up on your offer of helping us out: If you can help us write those
examples, it would be really great!

I'm thinking of a "Java integration FAQ" thing or "Doing ABCL Java
integration by example". So, we need to identify the things people
would want to see answered first when trying to use ABCL. If you ask
me, this is where you would come in. Could you list a number of things
you want to do with ABCL, but can't because you don't know how?