[armedbear-devel] Question about calling Java

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:48:30 UTC 2010

On 4 February 2010 13:24, Nitralime <nitralime at googlemail.com> wrote:
> My description of the situation was intentionally provocative :-(
> I just wanted to draw your attention to the fact that the current
> JVM integration could be more user friendly than what it is now!
> A more systematic tutorial would also be very nice for inexperienced users
> like me :-)

Well, you're then obviously in a unique position to write such a
tutorial, because
you'll notice things that are hard to find in other documentation, and
you'll notice
where the APIs are lacking in usability. :)

More to the point, you could write a draft/skeleton of such a tutorial, and then
recruit our help for things that you can't find or understand.

Sure, that was a common open-source-project-reply ("if you want improvements,
do them yourself"), but I think it would be a very valuable and highly
appreciated contribution.
I wrote many of the current examples we have, and if those are hard to
follow, I'm not
surprised - I absolutely suck at tutorials and
documentation-for-novices. That's why
it would be great to have contributions in that area.