[armedbear-devel] lisp interpreter inside a beanshell JConsole?

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 20:26:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> > That would be my next step
> > in investigating this, as the console.getInputStream() call you are
> > making to set the Java standard input doesn't seem to be working.
>
> Hmm. I think they advertise getReader. Doug pointed out that method. I
> can poke at that.
> I don't know for Readers versus InputStreams, but it looks like abcl
> likes the latter.

So two things.
1) Something definitely wrong with initialization. If the first thing I do
is (print *standard-input*) I get an unbound variable error.
2) Somebody's confused about something. If I start with eval (loop do (print
(read-char))) I get printouts as if it's reading unicode escape sequences

Armed Bear Common Lisp 0.20.0-dev
Java 1.5.0_19 Apple Inc.
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Low-level initialization completed in 0.0 seconds.
Startup completed in 0.486 seconds.

"Starting up protege lisp interpreter"
;   Loaded stream (0.0050 seconds)
; Loaded stream (0.121 seconds)