[armedbear-devel] lisp interpreter inside a beanshell JConsole?

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 23:14:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > That would be my next step
>> > in investigating this, as the console.getInputStream() call you are
>> > making to set the Java standard input doesn't seem to be working.

Got a little further. I borrowed ConsoleDocument from Snow (Alessio's work)
and am trying to use it instead of JConsole. I can start up a lisp in it.
However

a) It reads and prints the result of one command, prints the prompt, and
hangs on the next.
b) Same problem with specials
c) Calls to interpreter.eval() (my button) don't print to the window - I
think ConsoleDocument is spawning a new thread.

Snow looks nice - I would try to use more of it but I want to stay java 1.5.
As it is I needed to flail a bit with ConsoleDocument to make it compile in
1.5

Perhaps Alessio might have some experience that could help debug this.

-Alan