[armedbear-devel] lisp interpreter inside a beanshell JConsole?

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:11:50 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> On 4/2/10 5:25 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> […]
>
>> WARNING: No architecture feature found in (POWERPC PPC X86 X86-64
>> AMD64 I686 I586 I486 PC386 IAPX386 SPARC64 SPARC HPPA64 HPPA PENTIUM3
>> PENTIUM4).
>
> I don't think this is a problem, as it is the same message that one
> normally gets when starting up SLIME with ABCL.

Yes - the point was that when running inside protege I got an unbound
variable error before the list was printed.

>> If I (require 'asdf) instead instead get
>>
>> "Starting up protege lisp interpreter"
>> ;   Loaded stream (0.016 seconds)
>> Debugger invoked on condition of type TYPE-ERROR:
>>    org.armedbear.lisp.Lisp$unboundValue at ad8437
>> [1] FORMAT(1):
>
> I don't get to that error instead when I invoke
> Interpreter.createDefaultInstance() with {"--init", "(require \'asdf)"}
> as parameter, my Protege instance just quits.  I built my Protege from
> the SVN sources on trunk, so maybe I have some other instability.
> Advice on how to create a better build environment or an explanation of
> how you are running Protege here would be welcome.

Don't you need "--eval" before the require?

>> Hmm. Something with special binding?
>
> I suspect this is more of an undiagnosed problem in loading in an OSGi
> context, as I know that *LISP-HOME* is nil, so I think something is
> bombing out in reaction to that in trying to autoload more code.  I
> patched what code I could find to get abcl.jar to load, but we never
> tried to do anything useful with the code, so I am expecting that we are
> running into untested problems with running from an OSGi bundle
>

> […]

> […]
>
> Did you get JConsole to work outside of OSGi?

Haven't. I think that's what Doug is trying. He knows about the input
problem and has a theory, but I haven't heard back yet from him. Will
send his example, which uses the larkc/abcl.

> That would be my next step
> in investigating this, as the console.getInputStream() call you are
> making to set the Java standard input doesn't seem to be working.

Hmm. I think they advertise getReader. Doug pointed out that method. I
can poke at that.
I don't know for Readers versus InputStreams, but it looks like abcl
likes the latter.

Here? http://ikayzo.org/svn/beanshell/BeanShell/