[armedbear-devel] lisp interpreter inside a beanshell JConsole?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Apr 2 13:31:14 UTC 2010

On 4/2/10 5:25 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
[…]

> WARNING: No architecture feature found in (POWERPC PPC X86 X86-64
> AMD64 I686 I586 I486 PC386 IAPX386 SPARC64 SPARC HPPA64 HPPA PENTIUM3
> PENTIUM4).

I don't think this is a problem, as it is the same message that one
normally gets when starting up SLIME with ABCL.

> If I (require 'asdf) instead instead get
>
> "Starting up protege lisp interpreter"
> ;   Loaded stream (0.016 seconds)
> Debugger invoked on condition of type TYPE-ERROR:
>    org.armedbear.lisp.Lisp$unboundValue at ad8437
> [1] FORMAT(1):

I don't get to that error instead when I invoke
Interpreter.createDefaultInstance() with {"--init", "(require \'asdf)"}
as parameter, my Protege instance just quits.  I built my Protege from
the SVN sources on trunk, so maybe I have some other instability.
Advice on how to create a better build environment or an explanation of
how you are running Protege here would be welcome.

> Hmm. Something with special binding?

I suspect this is more of an undiagnosed problem in loading in an OSGi
context, as I know that *LISP-HOME* is nil, so I think something is
bombing out in reaction to that in trying to autoload more code.  I
patched what code I could find to get abcl.jar to load, but we never
tried to do anything useful with the code, so I am expecting that we are
running into untested problems with running from an OSGi bundle

[…]

[…]

Did you get JConsole to work outside of OSGi? That would be my next step
in investigating this, as the console.getInputStream() call you are
making to set the Java standard input doesn't seem to be working.  Do
you have a copy of the source for bsh-2.0b4?  It seems to be unavailable
from what I can find out.