[armedbear-devel] lisp interpreter inside a beanshell JConsole?

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 03:25:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 11:08 PM, dmiles at users.sourceforge.net
<logicmoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> One question is since you are on a Mac, your line endings in some situations
> might be '\r' by itself?
> Not sure if between the client/server sockets if they ever get into '\r'
> only mode out of sync.
> But since you have used ABCL  on Mac with java1.5 for a while this would
> have been something that maybe would have come up already.  Another thing..
> if on Mac if a person uses the default system editors, what do line ending
> styles end up being?

I tried various control characters in an attempt to end the line, but no luck.

> But your actual error looks like Lisp missing something that helps identify
> the platform type and x86 vs amd64.

I usually get the message:

WARNING: No architecture feature found in (POWERPC PPC X86 X86-64
AMD64 I686 I586 I486 PC386 IAPX386 SPARC64 SPARC HPPA64 HPPA PENTIUM3
PENTIUM4).

If I (require 'asdf) instead instead get

"Starting up protege lisp interpreter"
;   Loaded stream (0.016 seconds)
Debugger invoked on condition of type TYPE-ERROR:
  org.armedbear.lisp.Lisp$unboundValue at ad8437
[1] FORMAT(1):

Hmm. Something with special binding?

Now in both these cases I'm calling eval in the same thread where I
called createDefaultInstance. If instead the (require 'asdf) is in a
file I try to load (by calling eval from a different thread), I
instead get the CPU pinned and have to force quit.

-Alan