[admin] Lispbox project

Mario S. Mommer mmommer at common-lisp.net
Fri Mar 25 07:08:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

Peter Seibel <peter at gigamonkeys.com> writes:
> Mario suggested that you guys might be able to host the binaries of
> the Lispbox distributions I'm building for readers of _Practical
> Common Lisp_. I was wondering how we'd go about setting that up--all I
> really need for the moment is somewhere to drop some rather large
> files that will then show up on the web. I'm planning to put up some
> preliminary versions of my Lispbox builds for Linux and OS X next week
> or so to let folks kick the tires before I put up the official
> versions on April 11th (book publication day).

Hm... The lispbox project handle is already taken by the Lisp In A Box
project...

> In the future it might make sense to make this a proper project or to
> combine my work with Matthew Danish's Lisp in a Box project. But for
> the moment I'm mostly concerned with getting the files somewhere folks
> can grab them. (BTW, the license on Lispbox itself is BSD sans
> advertising with all the components (Emacs, whatever Lisp, SLIME)
> licensed under their own licenses obviously.)

One possibility is just to open a project for it. This way you have
ftp and webspace for a page, and if you ever wanted to make it more of
a /project/, all would be set up. We can disable the mailing lists for
the moment, if you want. I can set up something simpler too, just an
ftp directory and webspace, for instance. However you wish.

BTW, if you are only looking for temporary hosting (as I understood
from your message at c.l.l.), then that is perfectly alright too.

Regards,
        Mario.