[admin] Lispbox project

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Fri Mar 25 20:32:23 UTC 2005

mmommer at common-lisp.net (Mario S. Mommer) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Peter Seibel <peter at gigamonkeys.com> writes:
>> Mario suggested that you guys might be able to host the binaries of
>> the Lispbox distributions I'm building for readers of _Practical
>> Common Lisp_. I was wondering how we'd go about setting that up--all I
>> really need for the moment is somewhere to drop some rather large
>> files that will then show up on the web. I'm planning to put up some
>> preliminary versions of my Lispbox builds for Linux and OS X next week
>> or so to let folks kick the tires before I put up the official
>> versions on April 11th (book publication day).
>
> Hm... The lispbox project handle is already taken by the Lisp In A
> Box project...
>
>> In the future it might make sense to make this a proper project or
>> to combine my work with Matthew Danish's Lisp in a Box project. But
>> for the moment I'm mostly concerned with getting the files
>> somewhere folks can grab them. (BTW, the license on Lispbox itself
>> is BSD sans advertising with all the components (Emacs, whatever
>> Lisp, SLIME) licensed under their own licenses obviously.)
>
> One possibility is just to open a project for it. This way you have
> ftp and webspace for a page, and if you ever wanted to make it more
> of a /project/, all would be set up. We can disable the mailing
> lists for the moment, if you want. I can set up something simpler
> too, just an ftp directory and webspace, for instance. However you
> wish.

My hope is that Matthew and I will be able to merge our work at some
point. So maybe for now if you could just give me ftp and web space to
put up my files and then once I get up the stuff I need to support the
book, Matthew and I can figure out how best to proceed.

-Peter

P.S. I'm going away for the weekend so no big rush. I'll be back on
Tuesday and probably ready to put up some preliminary versions shortly
after that.

Peter Seibel                                     peter at gigamonkeys.com