[admin] Lispbox project

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Thu Mar 24 23:19:53 UTC 2005

Mario suggested that you guys might be able to host the binaries of
the Lispbox distributions I'm building for readers of _Practical
Common Lisp_. I was wondering how we'd go about setting that up--all I
really need for the moment is somewhere to drop some rather large
files that will then show up on the web. I'm planning to put up some
preliminary versions of my Lispbox builds for Linux and OS X next week
or so to let folks kick the tires before I put up the official
versions on April 11th (book publication day).

In the future it might make sense to make this a proper project or to
combine my work with Matthew Danish's Lisp in a Box project. But for
the moment I'm mostly concerned with getting the files somewhere folks
can grab them. (BTW, the license on Lispbox itself is BSD sans
advertising with all the components (Emacs, whatever Lisp, SLIME)
licensed under their own licenses obviously.)

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                     peter at gigamonkeys.com