[admin] CVS lists

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Jan 8 22:54:27 UTC 2005

Hi Mario!

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:48:26 +0100, Mario Mommer <mmommer at common-lisp.net> wrote:

> Looking at the configuration of rdnzl-cvs, it seems that everything
> gets moderated, and if a message is on hold for moderation it gets
> automagically discarded. So, for some reason, rdnzl-cvs seems to be
> a black hole :-)
>
> This is a theory, anyways. The relevant settings are
>
> # means "Yes":
> default_member_moderation = 1
>
> # 2 = "Discard"
> member_moderation_action = 2
>
> which might be the explanation. Please let me know whether changing
> this changes anything (this is somewhere under "Privacy" in the
> mailman config panel). I could also change it myself if you want.

Hmm, these are the settings I also use for the xxx-announce mailing
lists and they work fine there.  The idea is that only I can post
messages and spam gets discarded automatically.  (I had to cope with
significant amounts of spam on cl-ppcre-announce and friends when I
used more liberal settings.)

I guess the automatic CVS messages are sent my some other user?  Which
one is it?  Can I subscribe him?  Feel free to make changes to the
mailing list settings if that helps to make the list work like it
should.

Thanks,
Edi.