[admin] CVS lists

Mario Mommer mmommer at common-lisp.net
Mon Jan 10 17:57:10 UTC 2005

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:
> Hi Mario!
>
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:48:26 +0100, Mario Mommer <mmommer at common-lisp.net> wrote:
>
>> Looking at the configuration of rdnzl-cvs, it seems that everything
>> gets moderated, and if a message is on hold for moderation it gets
>> automagically discarded. So, for some reason, rdnzl-cvs seems to be
>> a black hole :-)
>>
>> This is a theory, anyways. The relevant settings are
>>
>> # means "Yes":
>> default_member_moderation = 1
>>
>> # 2 = "Discard"
>> member_moderation_action = 2
>>
>> which might be the explanation. Please let me know whether changing
>> this changes anything (this is somewhere under "Privacy" in the
>> mailman config panel). I could also change it myself if you want.
>
> Hmm, these are the settings I also use for the xxx-announce mailing
> lists and they work fine there.  The idea is that only I can post
> messages and spam gets discarded automatically.  (I had to cope with
> significant amounts of spam on cl-ppcre-announce and friends when I
> used more liberal settings.)

Well, any commit message appears as a message from a member. What
seems to be happening is that these messages get piped to /dev/null
together with all the spam.

BTW, spam should not be a real problem on our server. The antispam
measures were implemented around mid december 2004; you might want to
check the spam level of e.g. the admin list, which is unmoderated. The
lack of spam before that date is due to me manually removing all of it
back then.

The user at common-lisp.net that commits.

> Feel free to make changes to the mailing list settings if that helps
> to make the list work like it should.

Ok, I'll fix it.

Regards,
        Mario.