[admin] project cl-libtai request

Lester Vecsey lvecsey at nyc.rr.com
Fri Dec 16 00:23:47 UTC 2005

This is a request to open a project called cl-libtai.

Name: Lester Vecsey
Atomique International, time.
License: LGPL
Group members: None

This project would have many of the functions from the public domain C
library libtai, at http://cr.yp.to/libtai.html

The real benefit here is the way that Lisp can easily handle large decimal
and hexadecimal numbers, likely making this code rather compact when
implemented. libtai usually packs time into an 8 or 16character hexadecimal
sequence, so when checking output from other utilities and needing to
convert or check a tai time these functions would make it real easy to do so
from the REPL.

License would be LGPL to start with, and I do see from your FAQ there are
concerns with that. In the future switching it to GPLv3 or LLGPL might be a
good option worth considering. I'd be developing under CLISP, perhaps others
will chime in with testing on other platforms and provide patches.