[admin] Garnet project

Mario S. Mommer mmommer at common-lisp.net
Thu Dec 15 22:35:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

FatherOfPinocchio <geppeto at gmail.com> writes:
>    I am currently maintaining the Garnet graphical toolkit project.
>    I have modernized it in several ways, providing an ASDF
>    definition file, thus making ASDF installation possible,
>    supporting SBCL, making it faster and many other details.  As
>    McCLIM was never according to how I see things a solid toolkit, I
>    desided to make Garnet better, up-to-date and available to all
>    users with a simple asdf-install.

That sounds very interesting. A little googling and asking around
sugests that you are not part of / in contact with the guys
maintaining Garnet at sourceforge,

                  http://garnetlisp.sourceforge.net/

Perhaps you may wish to contact them? I'm sure that if you gang up
you'll likely make a better impact.

>    Therefore, I am planning to release it under a new major number
>    version and ask you for the project to be hosted on
>    common-lisp.net since this seems the most logical place for a new
>    Lisp project nowadays.

"new major number version". Which one was the previous, if I might
ask?

Regards,
        Mario.