[Admin] hosting the UBF-in-CL project

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Sep 12 11:34:40 UTC 2003

"Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net>" <asf at boinkor.net> writes:
> Today, Mario Mommer <mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> >> I was hoping to get ftp space for an arch archive & download area for
> >> my UBF-in-CL package.
> > You do not want our version control facilities? Awww... :)
>
> heh, it's in arch already - there is no way to export it into CVS
> *lalala* (-;

:-)

I read over "arch archive" and only saw "archive". Well, ok.

Erik, do we support arch? I remember we talked about it as a
possibility, but I do not remember what was decided.

> > Well, I wouldn't call a linear algebra package "linear algebra", or an
> > XML parser "xml", because they aren't what their name sugests. I would
> > prefer something along the lines of "ubf.lisp", or "cl-ubf",
> > "UBF-in-CL" etc.
>
> ah, good one. I was thinking that it would fit in well together with
> rfc<nnnn> (cl implementations of the respective RFCs) and linedit (a
> line editing package) (-:

Which is a good argument against the rfc<nnnn> names. I think I just
changed my mind on those rfc<nnnn> names; I don't think anymore that
they are good names, because the projects aren't the rfc. Linedit is
an invented word, afaict, so I'd think it is 100% ok.

> cl-ubf will do, of course.

Ok.

> I am an Austrian, living in Austria, and now that you mention it, I'm
> not so sure about the PD situation here, either. I'll change the licence
> to a BSD one (sans advertising clause), which should be OK.

Ok.

Then, as far as I am concerned, I think your project should get
hosting here. The only thing that remains to be cleared is whether we
support arch or not.

Regards,
        Mario.