[Admin] hosting the UBF-in-CL project

Andreas Fuchs <asf@boinkor.net> asf at boinkor.net
Fri Sep 12 08:51:01 UTC 2003

Today, Mario Mommer <mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>> I was hoping to get ftp space for an arch archive & download area for
>> my UBF-in-CL package.
> You do not want our version control facilities? Awww... :)

heh, it's in arch already - there is no way to export it into CVS
*lalala* (-;

>> Despite there being another implementation in Common Lisp (which is
>> only mentioned in a mailing list post with no source code to be found
>> /-:), let's call it "ubf" (-:
>
> Well, I wouldn't call a linear algebra package "linear algebra", or an
> XML parser "xml", because they aren't what their name sugests. I would
> prefer something along the lines of "ubf.lisp", or "cl-ubf",
> "UBF-in-CL" etc.

ah, good one. I was thinking that it would fit in well together with
rfc<nnnn> (cl implementations of the respective RFCs) and linedit (a
line editing package) (-:

cl-ubf will do, of course.

>> The only contributor at the moment is me; the code is in the public
>> domain.
>
> Is my guess corect that you are an austrian citizen living in austria?
> I ask because at least in germany it is not possible to put things in
> the public domain...

I am an Austrian, living in Austria, and now that you mention it, I'm
not so sure about the PD situation here, either. I'll change the licence
to a BSD one (sans advertising clause), which should be OK.

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at acm.org>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs