[Admin] hosting the UBF-in-CL project

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Sep 12 08:17:17 UTC 2003

You do not want our version control facilities? Awww... :)

> UBF is the Universal Binary Format by Joe Armstrong (it is documented in
> http://www.sics.se/~joe/ubf/site/home.html). You could call it a
> tasteful alternative to XML; it doesn't use SEXPs but a stack-based
> format and has special provisions for binary data as well as strings,
> integers, symbols and type-tagged objects. Currently, only the UBF(A)
> format is implemented (a reader and a writer exist, both perform
> reasonably well)
>
> Despite there being another implementation in Common Lisp (which is only
> mentioned in a mailing list post with no source code to be found /-:),
> let's call it "ubf" (-:

Well, I wouldn't call a linear algebra package "linear algebra", or an
XML parser "xml", because they aren't what their name sugests. I would
prefer something along the lines of "ubf.lisp", or "cl-ubf",
"UBF-in-CL" etc.

> The only contributor at the moment is me; the code is in the public
> domain.

Is my guess corect that you are an austrian citizen living in austria?
I ask because at least in germany it is not possible to put things in
the public domain...

Regards,

Mario.