[Admin] hosting the UBF-in-CL project

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Thu Sep 11 14:31:54 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I was hoping to get ftp space for an arch archive & download area for my
UBF-in-CL package.

UBF is the Universal Binary Format by Joe Armstrong (it is documented in
http://www.sics.se/~joe/ubf/site/home.html). You could call it a
tasteful alternative to XML; it doesn't use SEXPs but a stack-based
format and has special provisions for binary data as well as strings,
integers, symbols and type-tagged objects. Currently, only the UBF(A)
format is implemented (a reader and a writer exist, both perform
reasonably well)

Despite there being another implementation in Common Lisp (which is only
mentioned in a mailing list post with no source code to be found /-:),
let's call it "ubf" (-:

The only contributor at the moment is me; the code is in the public
domain.

Thanks,
--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at acm.org>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs