[Admin] hosting the UBF-in-CL project

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Fri Sep 12 11:45:07 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 01:34:40PM +0200, Mario Mommer wrote:

> Erik, do we support arch? I remember we talked about it as a
> possibility, but I do not remember what was decided.

I don't think anythink got decided, but then again arch requires very
little in the way of support: if the $project/ftp and $pubftp/project
are in sync (or preferably the same directory), then the arch users
are set up. ;)

> > > Well, I wouldn't call a linear algebra package "linear algebra", or an
> > > XML parser "xml", because they aren't what their name sugests. I would
> > > prefer something along the lines of "ubf.lisp", or "cl-ubf",
> > > "UBF-in-CL" etc.

I'm get more and more agnostic on the naming issues as time passes
by. ;)

The only thing I'd comment against would be gratuitious .lisp
postfixes and cl- prefixes, unless the project provides cl bindings to
a foreign linbrary -- in which case cl-foo makes perfect sense.

But I'm saying this "just for the record", not against cl-ubf as a name.

I think a good guideline is: "Would you dedicate a CLiki page by that
name to you project?".

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus