[zip-devel] release

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Sun Mar 19 14:45:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

it is time for a new release tarball of the zip library.  The CVS
version should now actually work on the gray stream ports and include
most patches sent to the list (thanks).

However, I have dropped the implementation-specific code for external
formats in favour of flexi-streams now, and switched to
trivial-gray-streams.  So _in theory_ this new release should also work
on OpenMCL and CLISP.  (Only the Allegro port is mostly left as-is,
since it is the only one that had always worked; the others use the same
code now.)

So I'd like to ask all of you to test the current CVS version on your
Lisp implementations before I make a release.

Thank you,
David