[xcvb-devel] Success for make xcvb-using-asdf, yet system load fails.

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Wed Oct 21 20:58:27 UTC 2009

From: Faré <fahree at gmail.com>
> 2009/10/21 Samium Gromoff <_deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru>:
>> The Desire's bootstrap script climb.sh now successfully builds and
>> installs xcvb-using-asdf.  The next quirk now is loading it, as it
>> fails to load a fasl from cache.
>>
>> A way to reproduce it is rather simple now:
>>
>>  wget http://www.feelingofgreen.ru/shared/git/desire/climb.sh
>>  bash climb.sh /home/<clean-user-directory>/desr xcvb
>>
>> The backtrace:
>>
>> debugger invoked on a SB-INT:SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial thread" RUNNING {10029D6091}>:
>>  Couldn't load
>>  #P"/little/home/empty/.cache/common-lisp/sbcl-1.0.31.32-linux-x86-64/little/home/empty/desr/git/xcvb/driver.fasl":
>>  file does not exist.
>>

> It looks like there's a FASL location conflict between cl-launch and
> whatever other configuration of ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS you are using.
> The FASL location attempted above is typically what cl-launch would do
> if you don't otherwise configure it by either poking at its variables
> or exporting LISP_FASL_CACHE or LISP_FASL_ROOT. E.g. you can disable
> cl-launch caching of files with
>     export LISP_FASL_CACHE=NIL

The thing is -- no A-B-L is in picture, it's not even there -- the
only five modules installed are XCVB's direct dependencies..

Speaking of cl-launch, I specify non-standard INSTALL_SOURCE and
INSTALL_BIN during its making, leaving the rest by default.
Could that be the reason?

regards,
  Samium Gromoff
--