[xcvb-devel] XCVB .466, the portable edition

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:41:02 UTC 2009

After much debugging, here is XCVB .466, that actually passes the
regression test suite on all three supported implementations: SBCL,
CCL, CLISP.

I realized that my previous regression test suite was only actually
passing with SBCL, and only when C-L-C was disabled. After a trip in
CL portability hell, I emerged with an XCVB that passes all the tests
on all supported Lisps. The release tarball is now only pushed to
common-lisp.net if the code passes all regressions, including
bootstrapping XCVB itself.

That was a good pretense to procrastinate from actually implementing
the standalone backend and other necessary features (exploded
dependencies, etc.). Now I am now to implementing these much requested
features, equipped with a test suite that will ensure I am not going
to break everything else along the way, as I used to do.

The TODO list has only gotten longer, notably with feedback from
Stelian Ionescu on usability/deployability issues. Ouch.

As usual, git checkout and release tarball from
http://common-lisp.net/project/xcvb

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of
individual ignorance.  -- H.L. Mencken