[xcvb-devel] Git repositories with XCVB patches?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 20:15:31 UTC 2009

Attila was suggesting I should open "official" git mirrors of upstream
libraries with XCVB support added when upstream doesn't want it yet.

Daniel was previously offering to do that in his libcl, but subject to
his slow release schedule. Samium was offering to use such
xcvb-enabled repos with Desire.

I propose that we should create a collection of repositories on
common-lisp.net or somewhere else, and pool our maintenance resources
on them. Daniel can keep tagging/branching the releases he wants for
libcl, while I can push my xcvb patches, and Samium offer his tool to
work on the latest version, etc.

I still think it would be nice if libcl and desire could share more
tools, but even if they don't, I don't see why we can't at least share
the git repositories.

Unless you offer a better solution, I propose that you should send a
mail to admin at common-lisp.net and ask to be added to the XCVB group,
and we can share repositories under /project/xcvb/git/

What do you think?

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours.  -- Stephen F Roberts