[xcvb-devel] Unsetting SBCL_HOME problem on OS X

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 12:27:07 UTC 2009

2009/11/5 Geoff Wozniak <geoff at wozniak.ca>:
> After finally finding some time to try converting my personal projects
> to XCVB, I've noticed that bootstrapping XCVB is not working on my
> Snow Leopard install (see output below).

Thanks a lot for trying!

> The problem is in the call "env -u SBCL_HOME ...".  The version of env
> shipped with Snow Leopard doesn't support the -u option.  As a quick
> fix, I removed the line in query-target-lisp-command (in extract-
> target-properties.lisp) that appends the "env -u" part and I managed
> to bootstrap XCVB.
>
> I tried to adjust the command to run something like
>
>   sh -c "unset SBCL_HOME ; /usr/local/bin/sbcl ..."
>
> but I ran into various quoting issues I'm not sure how to resolve
> yet.  Also, I'm not sure this is the way to get around the problem.

Yearg. Oh, well.

Try XCVB .420 from git, and see if that works for you.
Instead of using env -u which seems to be a GNU extension,
whichever implementation xcvb itself is using,
I use sb-posix:putenv when xcvb is itself compiled with sbcl.
That's nasty, but should get the thing done until I have a better solution.

 "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman
 she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again."
   - TV listing for the Wizard of Oz in the Marin Independent Journal