[web4r-devel] Error conditions when loading web4r for the first time

Harrison Maseko lispmr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 21:48:51 UTC 2009

Hello web4r:
Running LispWorks Personal 5.0.1 on Vista, I tried to load web4r using Edi
Weitz's Lisp Starter Pack for the first time ever into my Lisp image and I
experienced the following two hitches:

1. Symbol "FIND-OUTPUT-ENCODING" not found at all in the RUNES
package.

2. The file #P"C:/Program Files/LispWorks Personal/Lisp
Libraries/closure-html-2008-11-30/src/parse/unparse.ofasl" does not
exist.

QUESTION 1: What are the consequencies of opting for "continue treating ...
[above condition] as having been successful"? In other words, what
components of the framework will not function properly if these conditions
were ignored and what are the solutions?

QUESTION 2: Has web4r been made available to mudballs?

Harrison