[usocket-devel] Request for new experimental branch about UDP and others

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 16:34:39 UTC 2008

Hi, usocket devel (Erik and Hans)

(sorry for my poor English first)

As you guys already know, I'm working on some UDP-relate packages'
development, and already got a working UDP patch for usocket project.
I also want to do more on this area (portable Common Lisp networking),
following is my interesting part:

  * UDP (already have some code)
  * ICMP (ping)
  * UDP Multicasting
  * UNIX Domain Socket (AF_LOCAL)

I want to stay in the framework which USOCKET already have, and try to
extensive it to support more features. Erik agreed to give me SVN
commit access and now I wish to open a new branch for above
experimental work. As the first mission, I'll merge all my UDP patch
into this new branch.

I think a branch with name "udp" or "binghe" (like the "hans" branch
before) will be OK, but as a new member I don't think I should make
this branch by my self (that's not quite polite, I think). So I'm
looking for opinions or a branch made by Erik for me to commit codes.

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)