[usocket-devel] Patch for backend/lispworks.lisp

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 02:08:34 UTC 2008

>> OK, and thanks for fast response.
>
> Committed to trunk just a few moments ago. If you have any further
> remarks, please don't hesitate to say so.

Thanks.

>> By the way, are you still interesting in my UDP patch? Some people
>> hope my
>> UDP work can be merged into USOCKET.
>
> Absolutely, but I've gotten swamped by some other work lately, meaning
> I'm just now getting back to usocket and other projects. I'll try to
> work on it in the next weeks: there's also the wait-for-input branch
> (0.4.x) to work on and get into releasable state.

Good. Actually, what I want is a portable UDP server, which can be
used for this goal:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/782101b610d14e71

If you can make wait=for-input better, that's definitely helpful for
everyone.

Now I already have my UDP patch[1] to work on SBCL, CMUCL, Clozure CL
and LispWorks. Base on this, I'm trying to use GBBopen's
Portable_Threads package to implement a portable UDP server, I think
to finish it I need less than one week.

I hope all these work can be merged into USOCKET in the future, if you
have time to review them:)

[1] https://cl-net-snmp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cl-net-snmp/usocket-udp/trunk